03 September 2007

And It's Raining... Suprised?

So, classes start tomorrow for the kids in BSD! Two days down, 180+ to go! I still haven't been assigned a teacher yet, but I'm not too concerned - it'll definitely be a 6th, 7th, or 8th grade class - which is SO much better than K-4! (I'm leaving 5 out, I still haven't formed a complete opinion of fifth graders yet.)

I think Jessi Marie knows that I'm going back to school and that today is just a holiday. She's been ultra cling-y and had a very sad look on her face most of the day. We have a foot stool in between a table and chair in the living room, which happens to be right in front of her "spot" where she sits with her chin on the window sill and looks out. So, today, instead of just going to the other side of the window - Jessi (the adorable 70 pound "lap dog") crawled UNDER the table to get around the stool. Now this table isn't very big - it could easily fit inside her crate or dog house, so you can imagine how bad Jessi wanted to look out *her* window...

I also baked Chocolate Zucchini Bread (see below) today. It isn't overly chocolate-y, which is what I was nervous about when baking such a loaf. The only complaint I have for this one is that it says to wait 20 minutes before removing the bread from the loaf pan - GOOD LUCK. unless you line your pans with parchment paper, removal is much easier said than done. Other than that, it's a wonderful sweet bread - not too crispy outside, still moist inside.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
1 ounce melted Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
2 t vanilla extract
3 c. whole wheat flour
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1/4 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
2 c. grated zucchini

I mixed everything except the flour together, then sifted in the flour and mixed well. The batter seems a little runny, but don't worry! Grease 2 standard loaf pans (see my comment above) and preheat the oven to 355. Pour batter into the loaf pans and bake for an hour (or as needed for the toothpick test). Wait 20 minutes after removing loaves from oven before removing bread from pan.

I also made some great oatmeal raisin cookies too... I'll update with pictures and a recipe in a week or so when B and I FINALLY GET CABLE INTERNET!!! WOOHOO!!! (Thanks, Mom!)

--Erika

No comments: