1. Plant something – Carrots, beets, rutabagas, radishes, peas, herbs, herbs, herbs.
2. Harvest something - Harvested some of the green onions that keep growing, since I never pulled up the onion.... Continued to take cuttings of herbs. AND (!) my first lettuce harvest this year!!!
3. Preserve something – I've been working on herbal medicine from some fresh/dried things; it's not really preserving something, but learning how to preserve things when I grow them... For me, it's a step in the right direction.
4. Waste Not– Compost turns into garden produce right...
5. Want Not – Um, refer to last post?
6. Build Community Food Systems – Not much.
7. Eat the Food – who doesn't like garlic, onions, and herbs?! Oh, and ate leftovers, stuff from the freezer...