23 March 2010

Independence Days, Year 3, Week 3

1. Plant something – I was gone for four and a half days, and just didn't get this far...

2. Harvest something - Harvested some of the green onions that keep growing, since I never pulled up the onion.... Continued to take cuttings of herbs.

3. Preserve something – I've been working on herbal medicine from some fresh/dried things; it's not really preserving something, but learning how to preserve things when I grow them... For me, it's a step in the right direction. Froze some basil... we'll see how it turns out.

4. Waste Not– Compost turns into garden produce right... organized sewing scraps into categories - for stuffing only, smaller than a piece of paper, less than a yard, and started projects. I've been purposing to go to craigslist, freecycle, and thrift stores before thinking, I could go to store XYZ to get ABC item.

5. Want Not – more organizing sewing stuff - keeps me from over-buying things, and gives me the ability to fix things instead of buying new(ish).

6. Build Community Food Systems – ...

7. Eat the Food – who doesn't like garlic, onions, and herbs?!

No comments: