03 January 2008

Eat...

I have been spending a lot of time thinking, learning, practicing, and otherwise contemplating the process of eating. Let me clarify; I've been reading The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan, he talks about where our food really comes from, and what processes it goes through before we unconsciously chow down. I've been thinking about what I choose to eat (my anti-resolution-resolution is no more high fructose corn syrup (or high maltose corn syrup for that matter) in anything I purchase), where it comes from, how it's produced, what I do that takes a plant from the ground into my mouth, etc. Tonight, I came upon an amazing and articulate post over at Casaubon's Book. She really articulated the thoughts I have on cooking, I am certainly not one of those people who would go hungry if I were given dried beans and no instructions, and I am definitely adventurous when it comes to making substitutions, but I'm not nearly as fluent in "food" as she discusses (and is). Quit reading my blog, and go read hers!

--Erika

No comments: