14 April 2010

Independence Days, Year 3, Week 6


1. Plant something – Waiting for last weeks' plantings to come up... which I think are coming up today (that crackin' ground look)... then I'll plant more...

2. Harvest something - Harvested some of the green onions that keep growing,continued to take cuttings of herbs, lettuce....

3. Preserve something – does it count if I freeze 1/2 the cookie dough, or is that want not?

4. Waste Not– not doin' so well this week...

5. Want Not – my 4th NiCe clothes rack - now I can put up 2 or 3 loads at once,inside! Found it at a swap meet, along with some storage jars and other bits...

6. Build Community Food Systems – Continued patronizing local creamery/dairy... Sprouts are finally up for friends, anyone in the area need some onion sets... I have a few, um, extra....... (who will need garlic in the fall, 'cause I might just have some extra then too... hehe)

7. Eat the Food – last fall's garlic sauteed in Golden Glen butter (well, my butter, from their heavy cream) then frozen peppers and peas from last year... add in cooked pasta (from pantry) and a dollop of heavy cream and some herbs... mmm kinda addicting. Not nearly as good w/olive oil and soy milk. :-/



No comments: