1. Plant something – Peanuts, onion sets, acorn squash, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower...
2. Harvest something - Harvested some of the green onions that keep growing, since I never pulled up the onion.... Continued to take cuttings of herbs. Learned that kale that's bolted tastes AWFUL!
3. Preserve something – I've been working on herbal medicine from some fresh/dried things; it's not really preserving something, but learning how to preserve things when I grow them... For me, it's a step in the right direction.
4. Waste Not– Compost turns into garden produce right... we cleaned out the fridge and tossed a lot that seems to get lost... I think if I ever have the chance to design a fridge, it'll be much more shallow, maybe a deep spot in the bottom for big dishes, but mainly shallow - so everything can be seen and accessed easily...
5. Want Not – organizing sewing stuff - keeps me from over-buying things, and gives me the ability to fix things instead of buying new(ish).
6. Build Community Food Systems – Started acorn squash in greenhouse for someone.
7. Eat the Food – who doesn't like garlic, onions, and herbs?!