2 small-medium coarsely chopped onions
4 cloves coarsely chopped garlic
2 or 3 handfuls coarsely chopped carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli
9-12 smallish tomatoes, quartered (or halved if too small)
12-16 small potatoes, quartered or equivalent larger potatoes in bite-size pieces (I don't peel my potatoes)
4 tomatillos, quartered
fresh herbs: basil, thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary (all rubbed and chopped)
salt and pepper
chicken (or meat of your choice... for those carnivores) butterfly cut/very thinly sliced
1. Splash olive oil in dutch oven, place in oven and heat to 375.
2. Saute olives and garlic (until onions are clear) in olive oil in a large skillet.
3. Add tomatoes and tomatillos to onions and garlic, saute for a bit.
4. Add carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and potatoes, saute a bit more.
5. Transfer goodies in skillet to dutch oven, cover, and return to oven.
6. Turn skillet down to medium, toss in some more olive oil. When oil is hot, add a dash of herbs under each piece of chicken, dash on top as well.
7. Careful not to overcook, as meat should be very thinly sliced.
8. Remove veggies from oven when potatoes are tender to fork.
9. Plate veggies, fan thin slices of meat on top with garnish of nasturtium or fresh herbs, ladle stewed tomato (from dutch oven) lightly over each serving.
Sorry no pictures... it was too good to wait!